Custom made draperies and top treatments allow you to add a personal touch to your windows, especially when paired with Hunter Douglas window treatments. Most all blinds, shades, and even shutters can be made even more beautiful with the addition of drapery or a custom topper. There’s no limit to how creative you can be with your soft treatments, adding a touch of your personal style to any room. At Windows, Walls & More serving Birmingham and the surrounding areas, we offer custom drapery services as well as the complete Hunter Douglas line.
Add Drapery to Honeycomb Shades
Honeycomb shades provide a clean appearance in your window and are the most energy efficient hard window treatment on the market today.
- Add draperies or drapery panels to honeycomb shades mounted on the outside of your window to cover the hard sidelines of the shade and create a more refined appearance.
- Add a fabric cornice, valance or top treatment will cover the headrail and provide a more finished look.
- Add draperies or drapery panels to honeycomb shades mounted inside the window frame to stop light coming in from the sides of the shade.
Add Side Panels to Woven Wood Shades
Woven wood shades are made from natural woods, reeds, bamboo and grasses that allow light to softly filter into the room. The natural look of woven wood shades provides casual ambiance that goes with any decor.
- Add drapery side panels to woven wood shades to block the light and improve energy efficiency.
- Select neutral colors and patterns to complement the natural beauty of woven wood shades.
- Add a valance above your woven wood shades to highlight the color scheme in your room.
Add a Topper to Wood Blinds
People love the beauty of natural wood blinds. With adjustable louvers, wood blinds can be tilted to allow as much light as you would like in the room. Their somewhat heavy appearance, though, can come off looking stark.
- Add a fabric top treatment to soften the look of your windows and accent the natural wood blinds.
- Add a wood cornice to blend your wood blinds with any home décor.
- Add drapery panels in any color, style, texture or pattern to highlight your wood blinds.
Combining hard window treatments with a fabric element of drapery, drapery panels, valances, or top treatments allows you to create a unique look and feel in your room. Window treatment combinations can work with any design style, from country or contemporary to traditional or eclectic.
Drapery and Window Treatment Combinations in Birmingham MI
Windows, Walls & More was established in 1977 and has become the leader in window treatments and window treatment motorization, as well as wallpaper, interior design and more. With a beautiful Hunter Douglas Gallery showroom in West Bloomfield, Windows, Walls & More serves West Bloomfield and the surrounding areas, including Birmingham, Farmington Hills, Bloomfield Hills, Commerce Township, Northville and Novi. Stop by our Hunter Douglas Gallery to see our many functional window covering displays. For more information, or to schedule your free in-store consultation, give us a call today at 248-661-3840.