Not long ago, Hunter Douglas, the leader in window treatment innovation, created the Featured Artist Series in the Design Studio to highlight unique textiles consumers can choose for their new custom window fashions. One of the new artists is Marcie Bronkar, a designer who brings some exquisite designs to the options. Read on to learn more about the new selections!
Meet Marcie Bronkar
Marcie Bronkar lives and works in New York City and Los Angeles, designing based on her passion for color and historical period artwork and objects. A renowned textile and product designer, Marcie tries to add contemporary twists to historically based inspirations in nuanced ways to produce stylized patterns that blend with the modern world. “My signature style is categorized by roots in traditional elements interpreted for modern-day living,” she recently noted.
Seven New Textiles for the Collection
Marcie’s designs, exclusively for Hunter Douglas, are available as drapery, side panels, roller and Roman shades, accessories, and Fabric by the Yard. She noted, “While creating my collection for Hunter Douglas, I relied on the premise that natural light can and will enhance the texture and dimension of these textiles when brought into the home.” The line includes:
- Lily—This free-flowing pattern is modern yet classic and fairly dances across the fabric.
- Menagerie—Translated to a modern aesthetic, this pattern is actually named after a Jacobean period design.
- Amaryllis—vintage batik-inspired fabrics.
- Laurel—Inspired by Mexican pottery, this pattern offers an organic feel and a sense of movement.
- Grand Fleur—This pattern is inspired by 17th-century fabrics but chain-stitched for a fresh approach.
- Oleander—A paisley-inspired fabric, this pattern versatilely complements both formal and playful design.
- August—Simple yet elegant lightweight silk, August is embroidered to add a finishing touch.
These fabrics are available to order now, so be sure to speak with a representative to see them in person and to determine how best to add them to your home’s design.
Hunter Douglas + Marcie Bronkar West Bloomfield
Windows, Walls & More was established in 1977 and has become the leader in window treatments and window treatment motorization, as well as wallpaper, interior design and more. With a beautiful Hunter Douglas Gallery showroom in West Bloomfield, Windows, Walls & More serves West Bloomfield and the surrounding areas, including Franklin, Livonia, Birmingham, Farmington Hills, Bloomfield Hills, Commerce Township, Northville and Novi. Stop by our Hunter Douglas Gallery to see our many functional window covering displays. For more information, or to schedule your free in-store consultation, give us a call today at 248-661-3840.