Each room in your house serves a different purpose, and therefore each room needs a distinct window covering that best supports that purpose. This is especially true in the kitchen, where the functional use of your kitchen dictates the type of window treatments that will work well in that environment. At Windows, Walls & More serving the Novi area, we can help you make a selection that works and looks perfectly in your kitchen.
Kitchen Considerations for Window Treatments
What makes your kitchen special? Before you start shopping for window treatments, consider these kitchen issues:
Are any windows directly above the sink?
- Do you get a lot of light through your kitchen windows?
- Do you want a window treatment that can either filter or block out the sun completely?
- Are there times of the day you would like the window treatment to disappear off the window?
- Do you need privacy in your kitchen?
- Is there a sliding or French door that needs covered?
- Do you have a specialty shape window such as bay window, skylight, etc.?
- Does your kitchen open up to another room in an “open concept” design?
Kitchen Blinds with Slats that Tilt
The Hunter Douglas blind collection will meet your functional requirements, as well as your décor style. Here are a few blind suggestions that work great in the kitchen:
- Everwood® Faux Wood Blinds – Alternative wood blinds in realistic wood-grain or painted finishes are built to withstand heat and humidity.
- Reveal® with MagnaView® Aluminum Blinds – Tilt feature lets more natural light in, slats bounce back when withstanding rough treatment and have a Dust Shield™ finish that repels dust.
- Somner® Vertical Blinds – Largest selection of colors, treatments, textures in fabric, vinyl, and aluminum. Perfect for large windows or sliding doors.
Kitchen Shades that Rise or Lower
Hunter Douglas Window Treatments shade collection offers a variety of styles and the most energy efficient shades on the market today. Here are a few shade suggestions that work well in a kitchen:
- Provenance® Woven Wood Shades – They come in five styles, are hand-woven, light-filtering reeds, grasses and woods, that transform sunlight and add interest at the window
- Duette® Honeycomb Shades – Duette shades come in multiple cell sizes, horizontal or vertical application, sheer to opaque light-control options, designed with energy efficiency and available in hundreds of colors & textures
- Designer Studio™ Roman Shades – Timeless fabrics and available in four distinct styles with complementary valances
- Screen & Roller Shades – Excellent UV protection while maintaining a view and are available in sturdy and easy-to-clean fabrics
Hunter Douglas Shutters are timeless and provide a clean universal look throughout the house, and especially in the kitchen.
- Heritance® Hardwood Shutters – Crafted from real wood and available in large selection of stain and painted finishes.
- NewStyle™ Hybrid Shutters – A blend of real wood and advanced modern-day materials to create a durable window covering
- Palm Beach™ Polysatin™ Shutters – Constructed with UV resistant polysatin compound, guaranteed never to warp, crack, fade, chip, peel or discolor, regardless of extreme heat or moisture
Kitchen Window Treatments in Novi MI
If you’re interested in Roman shades with consistent folds and no exposed rear cords, stop by our showroom to see full-size displays of Vignette® Modern Roman shades. Windows, Walls & More was established in 1977 and has become the leader in window treatments and window treatment motorization, as well as wallpaper, interior design and more. With a beautiful Hunter Douglas Gallery showroom in West Bloomfield, Windows, Walls & More serves West Bloomfield and the surrounding areas, including Birmingham, Farmington Hills, Bloomfield Hills, Commerce Township, Northville and Novi. Stop by our Hunter Douglas Gallery to see our many functional window covering displays. For more information, or to schedule your free in-store consultation, give us a call today at 248-661-3840.