1. Create an accent wall. Use a unique wallpaper pattern or bold paint color to make one wall the focal point in any room. Hang complementary art on that wall and move a nice piece of furniture there.
2. Clear the clutter. Nothing ruins the look of a room more than clutter. Create storage spaces for common clutter such as for papers, mail, toys, coats, and other items that steal the look of a room in a negative way.
3. Bring in some green – Plants naturally bring new life into any room. If you don’t have a green thumb, use high quality silk plants and trees – it’s hard to tell the difference between today’s artificial plants and the real thing!
4. Add an area rug. Use rugs to define a conversation area or add pizzazz to any room. Try placing your rug at an angle, such as under a coffee table, to help it stand out.
5. Use decorative pillows. Well-placed decorative pillows can add unique patterns and textures to a room. They can also bring color schemes and themes together from room to room.