In the bathroom more than any other room, window coverings need to meet three requirements: privacy, durability, and light control. While most all window treatments do this to some degree, there are a few that work best in your bathroom. As your local Hunter Douglas gallery dealer serving the Novi area, we can help you find a window treatment that is perfect for your bathroom.
Woven Wood Window Shades for Bathrooms
Woven wood shades are a very popular choice for bathrooms. With many style options, their natural textures add a unique look to any room. Woven wood shades will accent any color scheme in your bathroom, from soft neutrals to bold tones. By letting in soft, diffused light but offering complete privacy, woven woods are a perfect choice for bathrooms. Hunter Douglas offers:
- Alustra® Woven Textures® – signature collection that highlight natural textures with distinctive fabrics and custom combinations
- Provenance® Woven Wood Shades – natural woods, reeds, bamboo and grasses add decorating edge
Faux Wood Window Blinds for Bathrooms
Wood textures look great in any room, but the high moisture in bathrooms can cause real wood to warp and wear quickly. Faux wood blinds are an excellent alternative. They’re built to stand up to high humidity conditions but offer the beautiful look of real wood. Faux wood blinds will not warp, crack or mildew. Hunter Douglas has three distinctive styles to choose from:
- EverWood® TruGain® alternative wood blinds – attractive wood tones and natural-effect finishes including grass weave, leather and linen designs for a truly organic look
- EverWood® Distinctions™ alternative wood blinds – neutral white finishes that add a classic look to any room
- EverWood® Renditions™ alternative wood blinds – colors that highlight the graining effect of natural wood
Roman Window Shades for Bathrooms
Roman shades maintain privacy, control light, and add a touch of softness to the space. With a wide variety of colors and patterns available, you’re sure to find one that works well with the design theme of your bathroom. When considering fabrics, be sure to select one that is resistant to mildew and can be easily cleaned.
- Vignette® Modern Roman Shades – distinctively elegant and offer smooth appearance front and back, no exposed dangling or pooling lifting cords
- Alustra® Vignette® Modern Roman Shades – Exclusive features that include a fabric covered headrail and bottom rail
- Designer™ Studio – traditional Roman shades with hundreds of fabrics and color combinations
Shutters can really dress up your bathroom with a traditional and clean look. With the look of wood, they add texture to the room, but their polysatin construction is moisture and mildew resistant. If you have tall windows in your bathroom, consider an alternative look of installing shutters just on the bottom half of your windows, letting in light from the top. An outstanding choice from Hunter Douglas is:
Palm Beach™ Polysatin™ Shutters – stylish and maintain their luster without warping cracking, fading, peeling or discoloring
Custom Drapery and Top Treatments for Bathrooms
Custom curtains and top treatments work very well in a bathroom. Cafe curtains are made of lightweight fabrics that let in light while still offering modest privacy. Custom fabric window toppers add a splash of color to your bathroom windows. Add a valance above your blinds or shades, for example, to bring in an accent color or accentuate a theme.
Window Treatments for Bathrooms in Novi MI
Windows, Walls & More was established in 1977 and has become the leader in window treatments and window treatment motorization, as well as wallpaper, interior design and more. With a beautiful Hunter Douglas Gallery showroom in West Bloomfield, Windows, Walls & More serves West Bloomfield and the surrounding areas, including Birmingham, Farmington Hills, Bloomfield Hills, Commerce Township, Northville and Novi. Stop by our Hunter Douglas Gallery to see our many functional window covering displays. For more information, or to schedule your free in-store consultation, give us a call today at 248-661-3840.